Frequently Asked Questions
What do I have to do to join the society?
- Click here and print out an Application form through your browser;
- Fill in the Application Form and forward it to our Membership Secretary;
- You will then be contacted and invited to audition for the Society;
- For the audition, you will need to sing a song of your choice and read a piece of libretto from 'Guys and Dolls' (available by clicking here and printing out through your browser);
- We will then inform you whether your application has been successful.
NB: All acting members who wish to be in the annual production have to do a show audition each year, whether for Principal roles or chorus.
On which nights does the society rehearse?
The society normally rehearses on Tuesday and Wednesdays and then from mid September, Sundays too.
How much are subscriptions?
Subscriptions for 2019 are as follows:
Acting membership: £25
Non-acting membership: £25
Show Fee: As the cost of producing our shows is in the region of £40,000 we ask each cast member to pay one £50 show fee towards this cost, in addition to their annual subscription.
Subscriptions, the Show Fee and the Entrance Fee are set each year at the Annual General Meeting, held during the third week of March.
How much does it cost to put on a show?
This can depend on the major cost areas of the production, including set, orchestra, costumes and royalties. For the October shows produced between 2015 and 2019 total expenditure averaged £44,157 per production.